Tuesday, October 13, 2009

St. Louis Public Library - Carondelet Branch



Carondelet is fortunate to have its own St. Louis Public Library branch. Like many libraries across the country this one is a Carnegie library (built by a grant from Andrew Carnegie, who helped build 1,681 libraries in the US alone from 1881-1917).



I've been in there a few times to borrow books and to use one of their tables as a portable office. But the Dernlans are the real experts on the library. Heather Dernlan told me that her family uses the library frequently and she's a big fan of it. Drop in sometime if you're in the neighborhood and need a quite place to read or study. Do check their hours, though, they're a little irregular:

9am - 6pm Monday
Noon - 7pm Tuesday-Thursday
11am - 6pm Friday
9am - 6pm Saturday

By the way, anyone with a St. Louis County Library Card can get a St. Louis City Public Library Card (I don't mean to brag, but I currently hold library cards from 5 different library systems).

No comments:

Post a Comment