Friday, October 16, 2009

Bellerive Park

Though Carondelet Park is the most beautiful and most prominent park in the Carondelet area, it's not the only one. Bellerive Park sits at the intersection of Bates & South Broadway and provides a beautiful view of the river:



In fact the Riverfront Times picked Bellerive Park as St. Louis' Best Picnic Spot in its 2003 Best of issue.



I don't know if it's the best picnic spot in St. Louis, but as the article says it does offer, "one of the prettiest views of the Mississippi within the city limits."

During the summer there are Summer Concert Series at three different parks in Carondelet. Sonja & I got to one of the concerts in Carondelet Park on a Sunday evening, and then I took my boys down to a concert at Bellerive Park on a Monday evening. We enjoyed a bluegrass band while we threw the football, played on the playground, and met someone with a parrot!



If you're tying to cram in one more picnic before it gets too cold for that sort of thing, I encourage you to give Bellerive Park a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment