Friday, September 25, 2009

Corinthian Baptist Church

One of the most rewarding things in acquainting myself with the Carondelet area has been introducing myself to local pastors. It has been a great opportunity to hear about their congregations, to talk about Resurrection, and to practice the unity of the church, which Jesus prays about in John 17.20-21:

20 “I do not ask for these only, but also for those who will believe in me through their word, 21 that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in me, and I in you, that they also may be in us, so that the world may believe that you have sent me.

Yesterday I had coffee with Pastor Jim Smith from Corinthian Baptist Church. Pastor Smith's wife is a kindergarten teacher, I told him that now there's two of us ;-) Pastor Smith graduated from Moody Bible Institute and Dallas Theological Seminary. He welcomed me warmly to Carondelet and offered to help us in any way that we needed. Here's a shot of Corinthian Baptist which is just off the corner of Carondelet Park on Colorado Avenue. Pray for the flourishing of Corinthian Baptist.




No comments:

Post a Comment